About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I was working in the Lab late one night.......

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight 
For my monsters from the punches began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise ........

they did the MASH....the MONSTER MASH!!!!

Bwahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!

Fair warning.....pretty long post......
if you dare to enter, there's no turning back!!!!!!!!!


I must have been getting into the Halloween spirit when I woke up out of a sound sleep and this idea popped into my head..... like the 'good' doctor opened up my skull and injected it into my brain.

So, just like the 'good' doctor, I started piecing my creations together and now.....

they're A L I V E !!!!!!!



Pretty basic card, base and layers......

Below I'll tell you how the monsters were born.....


Mummy: Base vanilla cs owl base, then punched 3 more of white cs; cut into strips and distressed the edges with ink, eyes are self explanatory (all punched using the owl punch from SU!).

Frankie:  Base green cs owl base, purple for the pants, white for the shirt (snipped w/ scissors) and black for the hair (snipped).  Eyes are basic, cut lg green eyes in half to use for the lids. Screws in head are pieces from the notebook type punch from SU! (Sorry can't remember the name....and I believe its retired).


Wolfie:  Base owl punched in brown, punched 3 more and snipped layers to the desired shape I was after and distressed with ink. Punched eyes and cut in half.

Vamp:  Base owl punched in vanilla, distressed in green ink, black cs for pants and hair(distressed with white). Eyes, again, pretty simple and the teeth were just snips of paper. 

Until later, mashers.......Gotta split......TFL!!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Grandma Bugs Place said...

LOVE THEM! I made some last year and they were a hit...can't remember who gave me the idea then but yours are just SUPER!
Thanks for sharing - will give you credit for sure if I copy.
Hugs, Marcie

Grandma Bugs Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coldwaters2 said...

I remember that song Crystal, lol, what a fab card those images look both fab and fun.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Andrea C said...

Ooo I really love this very cute and halloweenie x